Views:47 Author:Site Editor Publish Time: 2020-02-20 Origin:Site
Do the kids know? How do elephants clean their teeth? Today, Alpha science classroom is working with children to make “elephant toothpaste” science experiments for kids. Alpha science toys know that foam eruptions are children’s favorite science experiment. Today, Alpha science toys will send a shocking science experiment for kids. This science experiment will let children feel the visual infusion and learn scientific knowledge. The children will become stars of this science party.
What you'll need:
1.1/2cup6% hydrogen peroxide (sold in beauty supply stores or online as 20 Volume Clear
5.Food coloring (optional)
6.Empty 16oz plastic bottle
9.Tray or container to catch the foaming fun
Alpha science classroom: the steps for making elephant toothpaste
Safety tips: this science experiments for kids is called “elephant toothpaste”. because it looks like toothpaste coming out of a tube. It's not real toothpaste, so don't let foam get into your mouth.
1. Pour 1/2 cup of the peroxide into the empty water bottle (Hydrogen peroxide can irritate skin and eyes, so make sure you protect your eyes and skin and let a Grownup do the pouring.)
2. Add about 8 drops of food coloring to the bottle (optional)
3. Add about 1 tbsp. Of liquid dish soap into the bottle and swish it just a bit to mix it.
4. In a separate cup, combine yeast and warm water. Mix for about 30 seconds until most lumps are gone.
5. Now the fun begins! Pour the yeast mixture into the bottle (using a funnel) and watch the foaminess begin.
6. The foam is just water, soap and oxygen so it's safe to touch, but it will be warm because of the reaction!
Alpha science classroom: Scientific knowledge revealed
Children! The elephant toothpaste is great. Right? This time the foam made by the Alpha science classroom is very special, right? Alpha science toys tell the children about the scientific knowledge in the science experiment for kids. each tiny foam bubble is filled with oxygen. The yeast acted as a catalyst (a helper) to remove the oxygen from the hydrogen peroxide. Since it did this very fast, it created lots and lots of bubbles. Did you notice the bottle got warm? Your experiment created a reaction called an Exothermic Reaction - that means it not only created foam, but it also created heat! The foam produced is just water, soap, and oxygen so you can clean it up with a sponge and pour any extra liquid left in the bottle down the drain. The children completed this interesting science experiments for kids, learned scientific knowledge, and realized the fun brought by science.
How do you feel this science experiment for kids? It is interesting, right? Are you looking forward to more cool science experiments for kids? Alpha science toys have more interesting science experiments for kids. Let’s study science and become smart scientists.